WZIP’s streaming service from Live365 is now gone.
Use these links to access our new higher quality streams:
Thank you for your patience while we work through this transition!
The old JB showed himself during a show in Norway after storming off stage after getting angry at fans for not listening to him as he told them to “listen” and be quiet as he tried to clean up a spill on stage. Why he felt to clean the spill himself is beyond me. Just when I thought he was back to being innocent.
The video of the incident is below:
Well, it’s all about the music, right? Here is the video for his new song, “I’ll Show You”:
During the British version of X Factor, the very quiet Adele (who hasn’t released an album in about 4 years!) teased a new song. Listen below. What do you think?
By Rocco Nuosci
Once again for the third time this season, an overcast sky with buckets of rain fell over InfoCision Stadium as the Zips of U of A took on the Ohio Bobcats. The Zips entered the game looking to break a streak of seven straight losses against the Bobcats dating back to 2007. Unfortunately on this day, the Bobcats once again proved to be too much for the Zips to handle as they emerged victorious by a final of 14-12. My own team MVP for the day definitely goes to Robert Stein who was 4-4 on field goal attempts on the day as the Zips struggled all day trying to finish drives and put the ball in the end zone. Quarterback Thomas Woodson once again played the whole game and he did not play as well as Akron fans have seen him play. Finishing just 18-38 for 231 yards and an interception, Woodson was unable to lead his offense into the end zone for 6. Another big factor was the lack of Conor Hundley as a force. The big running back went for a mere 66 yards on 18 attempts. Receiver Imani Davis shined today, hauling in 5 receptions for 94 yards including an incredible back shoulder catch for 42 yards in the middle of the second quarter that had the crowd “oohing and ahhing”. Unfortunately, the Bobcat defense stepped up when it needed to and shut down the Zips offense when it mattered most. The Zips had their last chance to get it done late in the fourth quarter. A Thomas Woodson one yard keeper followed by an 8 yard sack proved too much for the Zips to overcome. A nice pass to Andrew Pratt on 3rd and long kept the Zips alive, but a failed 4th down attempt to Pratt was all the Bobcats needed to seal the victory. The Zips bench was furious looking for a flag on the Bobcat defender, but to no avail. With the loss, the Zips are now 0-1 in MAC play and will be back in action next Saturday when they travel up north to take on Eastern Michigan at 3:00.
J.K. Rowling has blessed her fans, known as “Potterheads” with a new Harry Potter story as she redesigns and reboots her fan website, pottermore.com. When users come to the new site, they will be greeted by a story on the origins of the Potter family. Those that are hoping for one more Harry Potter book may be thinking of this as a preview to something J.K. Rowling might be planning for the future!
Photo Source: sawgrassapartments
Exciting news Dolls! Your Queen has launched a new website! kimkardashianwest.com is stocked FULL of exclusive content, beauty and style tips and an even closer look into her family life. She has pictures of her outfits including where she got them from and their prices. In short, if you’re not “ballin'” you will not be able to afford any of them! Mrs. West has said she will be adding even more exclusive content as time goes by! The new season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians starts this Sunday!
Global Force Wrestling is a start-up promotion by Jeff Jarrett, a world-renowned promoter and veteran of the wrestling business. As a part of the promotion’s “Grand Slam Tour,” Jarrett brought GFW to Classic Park in Eastlake, home of the Captains. Spencer had the chance to interview Jarrett himself, Cleveland indy wrestler Johnny Gargano and former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Nick “Magnus” Aldis.
Nick “Magnus” Aldis
By Spencer Davies
LAKE COUNTY, Ohio– If you’re a fan of professional wrestling, you know that Ohio has produced a plethora of talent. Whether it’s Cincinnati’s own “Lunatic Fringe” Dean Ambrose or the Cleveland guys like the Miz and Dolph Ziggler in the WWE, plus the newly crowned TNA World Heavyweight Champion Ethan Carter III, the Buckeye state has certainly made its mark on the industry—and local independent wrestling sensation Johnny Gargano may be next in line to do so.
“Johnny in the ring, he can go,” said Jeff Jarrett, owner and founder of Global Force Wrestling. “I saw it a year ago and you will to.”
A world-renowned promoter and superstar in the wrestling business, Jarrett brought his newly founded promotion to Lake County for their latest stop on the GFW Grand Slam Tour.
According to both, Gargano met Jarrett at a live show he attended last year. Since then, they started to become close, and a couple of months ago decided to work together in GFW—so to appease the crowd in a mutually beneficial agreement, Jarrett brought in Gargano to work in front of his fellow Clevelanders on Saturday night.
“We’re fortunate enough that he gets to wrestle in front of his hometown on this stage,” Jarrett said.
“I have high hopes for it,” said Gargano, speaking about his latest venture in GFW. “I think we all do. They’re booking a lot of great guys, a lot of great talent here. The atmosphere is absolutely electric, so I really think there’s something special here.
“I think that there’s a good opportunity for a lot of guys, and I think big things are on the way.”
A raucous crowd at Classic Park was chanting “Johnny Wrestling!” as Gargano and the invading Total Nonstop Action superstar Eric Young went toe-to-toe in a competitive and highly entertaining main event.
Thanks to some assistance from GFW’s “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner and Jarrett, Gargano earned the victory and brought the “King of the Mountain” Championship back to the promotion in front of his fellow Ohioans.
“I take pride in being the ‘Cleveland, Ohio Guy,’ I guess,” he said with a grin. “It’s cool that when people think of wrestling—‘indy wrestling’ that is—they think of me and they want me on their show, so it’s cool.”
With over 10 years of experience in the ring, Gargano has wrestled for promotions such as Prime Wrestling, Chikara, Dragon Gate, Dragon Gate USA, Pro Wrestling Guerrila and even the WWE. But like most residents of northeast Ohio, he’s stuck to his roots and where it all began: Absolute Intense Wrestling. One of Cleveland’s hottest independent wrestling promotions, AIW held its 10th “Absolution” event, and Gargano along with four of his fellow roster members took on the “Dudes on TV”—a.k.a. Ring of Honor and TNA.
“It was fantastic,” he said. “It was Absolution 10, and that’s crazy for me because I was at the first Absolution. It’s insane to me that it’s been that long. It doesn’t feel like it’s been ten years, but I guess it has.
A small brand with an almost cult following, AIW has grown over the years since Gargano arrived, and he along with the others have noticed it’s rise.
“The crowd last night was absolutely amazing.” he said. “It always amazes me when I’m in Cleveland, Ohio, when I’m in my hometown, and flocks of wrestling fans—like 500 people—flock to this building to watch this promotion I’ve basically watched grow from nothing. It was a cool night for all of us.”
Gargano’s journey to professional wrestling began during his childhood. When he was eight, he drew his inspiration from watching Shawn Michaels, as well as the Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Batman.
“Unfortunately, I realized that those weren’t real-life professions that I could actually pursue,” he chuckled. “But I can put on spandex tights and I could be a professional wrestler, so that seemed like a pretty cool job choice.”
Now a 27-year-old veteran of the business, Gargano said that he’s loved every second of what he does and doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
“I get to live out my dream and do it, so I’m very lucky.”
by Sartaj Aujla
1. LeBron, after going 0 for 9 in the 1st Quarter, posted a triple-double to end the game in the Cavs favor. Cleveland now takes the 3-0 series lead over Atlanta.
2. Very sluggish game, especially at the beginning. Cleveland just couldn’t get any offensive energy going, as Atlanta took the lead early. While LeBron was off the mark in the 1st quarter, his teammates were able to get shots and keep the game close.
3. First, everyone is talking about Matthew Dellavedova and Al Horford. Horford got ejected. Dellavedova received a technical, and Horford a flagrant II.
4. Both players are NOT dirty players. Both players are good guys.
5. Iman Shumpert and J.R Smith continued to help the Cavs both offensively and defensively. They were able to be key sustainers of Cleveland’s energy in the game.
6. There were points in the game where the Cavaliers just looked exhausted, and its understandable. The team has come off of two very physical series against Boston and Chicago, and now are in another physical matchup in the Eastern Conference Finals against Atlanta.
7. However, the team was able to stay in the game, even when it looked like the Hawks could steal a game at The Q. Part of that has to do with LeBron James, and how he was able to turn his 0-9 performance into a 37-18-13 finish.
8. We need to remind ourselves about the overall mental toughness of LeBron James, just like that, he was able to switch from what looked like a poor shooting night to his first triple double in this years playoffs.
9. Offensive boards, once again, was key. Tristan Thompson continues to show us his ability to chase after boards with such ferocity. The front office will do all they can to keep him in a Cavaliers uniform.
10. As a side note, I think Thompson sitting on the bench for the regular season did wonders to his game. He was able to focus fully on what he needed to improve, and from there, worked on his game while learning from the bench. Now, he has shown everyone what he has learned.
11. Dellavedova had a good performance filling in for Kyrie Irving, scoring 17 points. He has posted a few good performances in the playoffs so far, and has shown that he is getting better. HIs level of play and tenacious mindset is something that the coaching staff love.
12. Speaking of Kyrie Irving, it was a game time decision to not have him play tonight. If the Cavs beleived it is better for him to sit a game for the long-term goal of the playoffs, I am fine with the decision. IF this Cavs team makes the Finals, you need a healthy Kyrie Irving.
13. The Hawks played tremendous in this game. Atlanta showed that they were not ready to fold after losing the first two games at home. Throughout the game, they showed no hesitation, and wanted to attack early.
14. One more win separates Cleveland from returning to the Finals since 2007. This would make LeBrons fifth straight Finals appearance, too. I won’t say much, but this next game is going to be very interesting. With the Hawks showing they still have some fight in them, its up to the Cavs to perform on their home court and punch their ticket in to go the NBA Finals.
Name: Tyeal Nicole Howell
Major: Minor: Radio/TV
Date of Birth: June 2
Year in School: Junior
When did you start working for WZIP/ZTV: Spring 2014
Primary Dept. WZIP: DJ
Best Memory so far of WZIP/ZTV: Interviewing SOMO
Your favorite place to visit: My Bed
You wouldn’t catch me dead: Watching Napoleon Dynamite
I am most like this animal: Lion because of my hair
My hobbies include: singing, dancing and photography
Favorite Ice Cream: Cookie Dough
Favorite TV Show: Being Mary Jane
Personal Motto: Hakuna Matata
Favorite Quote: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift
Advice for New Members: Have patience and be ambitious
Something No One Knows about you: It’s a secret
Also WZIP would like to thank Tyeal for hosting the banquet this past weekend. She did an amazing job.